Is “eating clean” as good as it’s been cracked up to be?
It certainly is!
Eating less processed foods and more importantly, foods lower is the nasties like sugars are always better for the digestive system, regulates your blood glucose levels, help with energy and provide the right nutrients to support healthy cell function within your body.
What does it mean to “eat clean”?
It’s about eating more of the best and healthiest options in each of the food groups—and eating less of the not-so-healthy ones. That means embracing foods like vegetables, fruits and whole grains, plus healthy proteins and fats. Staying away from processed foods. With this is mind, eating clean also emphasises sensible, nutritious eating in contrast to popular “fad diets” that are not sustainable.
What are your top five tips for someone just starting out a clean eating diet?
Our top 5 tips are:
1) Don’t be afraid of carbohydrates.
2) Avoid all processed sugars, especially sugary beverages like soda’s etc. Yes, this includes ‘diet’ drinks.
3) Experiment with different ingredients, chicken and broccoli is not your only option!
4) EVERYTHING IN MODERATION. Too much of anything can be bad for you!
5) Consult your doctor before undergoing any major dietary changes.